Tuesday 4 September 2012

#7 Captivated.


Title: Captivated
Author: Deb Apodaca
Published: Eminent Books 2011
Genre: Fantasy/ Mystery/ Romance
Synopsis: After Mindy's childhood best friend, Dean Aiken, shuts her and everyone else out of his life, she learns to move on. Years pass and she gets used to the fact that he's no longer a part of her life, but things begin to change…

Mindy's new best friend, Markus Medina, witnesses Dean kill two people behind a club. Mindy has a hard time believing him, especially when he mentions that the bodies disappear. Poof! Into thin air. Markus decides he has to follow Dean around in order to get evidence that he's been killing people, so he doesn't sound like a nut to the police. 

Despite Marcus’ crazy theories about the possibility of Dean not being human. And not to mention the fact that he's dangerous. Mindy can't help that she may be falling in love with him. Even after hiding their feelings for each other from the world. Dean and Mindy being together stirs up dangers that neither of them could ever imagine. When she finds out about what Dean really is and the world he tried to keep her away from...it's already too late.

My Thoughts:

This book is absolutely amazing, when I first downloaded it onto my kindle I was unsure as to whether I'd enjoy it, however the story is engaging from the first page.  After becoming a fan of vampire and fantasy fiction this was one of the first books I had purchased from the genre on my kindle and I'm looking forward to downloading and reading more. The story of Mindy is one everyone can relate to, we all have had that one person who you cannot get out of your head and the person who captures your attention over and over. The final few scenes are especially gripping, I couldn't read and turn the page fast enough, the next book in the series has been released and I intend on downloading I as soon as I possibly can! A very much recommended read!!!


Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment