Sunday 2 September 2012

Greetings and Introductions


“The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours” 
― Alan Bennett, The History Boys: The Film

Reading has always been a huge passion of mine. As a small child I was encouraged to read and to write my own short stories and this has left me with the desire to read and create more.

     I studied English Literature at Teesside University in Middlesbrough, England. Whilst at uni I found it extremely difficult to keep up with my non course related reading. However this break I had from my usual Chick- Lit and easy reads allowed me to fall even more in love with Shakespeare, poetry and other aspects of literature that were deemed 'high culture'.

      When I finished my degree in May of this year, now allowing me to call myself Samantha Slack  BA. - (eek!) I found myself at the mercy of all the books I had longed to read but had been able to. Since May I have read over forty books, eighteen of which were read within twenty-four days.

     It is now that I have decided to begin this blog, another thing that I have always dreamed of creating. This blog will consist of book, poetry and character reviews as I begin my adventures into the many many worlds created by authors of all genre types.

       Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this blog and find it useful in choosing your next read.
Happy Reading!
KG A Thousand Years

No comments:

Post a Comment